- New damage policy document is being considered, with a regards to the number of hours it takes to repair a damage.The final draft will be considered by the IUSC and then distributed.
- The mentor system does not work very well. The IUSC suggested some changes in that Mentor and Mentee are appointed to the same event by ISAF. And perhaps that the Mentee should be able to choose a Mentor instead of beng appointed one.
- There are not enough group 1 umpires. The IUSC is considering accelerating the grouping process and developing athletes into umpires.
- We can expect rewritten Match Race & Team Race Manuals by the end of the year.
- Perhaps we are going to wear bibs in the next Medal Races...
Sunday, 21 March 2010
International Umpire Sub Committee Minutes 2009
Like last Sunday, I would like to go over the IU-Sub Committee minutes from last Novembers Conference with you. To see what is in store for the coming year. I won't repeat the issues that already were on the agenda of the IJSC meeting. The following I found new and/or interesting: