Saturday 17 March 2012

Obituary: Nick Burgin

With sadness I have to report the death of a friend and fellow race official: Nick Burgin.
ISAF published his obituary on 16/03/2012.
Nick Burgin- Kieler Woche Jury 2010
I met Nick at my first ISAF Seminar in 2004 in Hamble, UK and worked with him at several events when we were both in the International Jury or Umpire Team.

Like Sally wrote in his obituary, he was always a supportive and steady person in the group, willing to help others. I remember fierce rules discussions during diner at Kiel-week in which he was a calming factor.

I’m very sorry that we will not have his presence in the room or on the water any more.

My sincere condolences to his wife, family and friends.

J.

1 comment:

  1. Jules Wood - Team Riot20 March 2012 at 09:22

    Nick's funeral is on 30th March 13:00. George Hotel, Yarmouth, Isle of Wight. All invited.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...