- Moderate see, Wind Westerly force 3 to 4, good visibility. Boats are all
- Blue, Yellow and Green approach the Port side gate mark, all on Port, overlapped with Green to windward of Yellow, and Yellow to windward of Blue.
- Boats are still overlapped when Green enters the two-lengths Zone.
- Green sails to the Port Gate mark, gybes to starboard, leaves the mark to starboard, then luffs.
- Yellow and Blue also sail to the same mark but leave it to port.
- There’s contact between Green on starboard and Yellow on port.
- Yellow bears away and gybes,
- There’s contact between Yellow and Blue.
- No boat did any turns, but during the hearing Green retires.
What is your conclusion and which rules apply?
What is your decision ?
UPDATE: 24/06/08 18:42
The diagram is correct; It's my fault. I made a mistake in the text: I've corrected it in red.
Thanks for bringing this to my attention, mikeposey!