- Submission 146-08 Pumping the Sails to clarify the rules regarding the number of times you may pull the sails and how
- Submission 147-08 To clarify the interpretation in Rule 89.1 of a class association
- Submission 148-08 Changing rule 50.4 to give a more practical distinction between a Headsail and a Spinnaker (Headsail Definition)
- Submission 149-08 Windsurfing; Housekeeping changes in Appendix B and introduction of other courses
- Submission 151-08 RRS, New Case; Discussion of the terms ‘original race’, ‘rescheduled race’, ‘restarted race’ and ‘resailed race’ , the application of rules 30.2, 30.3 and 36 to races that are restarted or resailed.
- Submission 152-08 RRS, New Case; When a boat sails the wrong course, another boat may decide to protest her when the course error is made, or when she finishes or at any time in-between. She must then be informed of the intention to protest at the first reasonable opportunity.
- Submission 153-08 RRS, New Case; It is a proper action of the race committee to penalize a boat for breaking rule 30.2 or disqualify her for breaking rule 30.3, even if, before a starting sequence was begun, the race was postponed or if, during another attempted start of the same race, a postponement or abandonment was signaled before the starting signal.
- Submission 154-08 RRS, Amendment to Case 78; When a boat is protested for positioning herself in a tactically controlling position over another boat and then slowing that boat’s progress so that other boats pass both of them, she must, to avoid being penalized for breaking rule 2, satisfy the protest committee that her controlling tactic had a reasonable chance of benefiting her series result. However, if she intentionally breaks a rule to increase the likelihood of the tactic succeeding, she also breaks rule 2.
The Medal Races in Qingdao have put this case back on the front page. I hope it will not take another three years to get it in the Call book.
The final part in this series of posts about submission, will be about Match Race and Team Race calls. Scheduled posting is next Tuesday.